If you are willing to help others by writing an account of your experience with helminthic therapy - whether this has been a success or not - we offer the list of questions below as a guide to some of the details that readers may find interesting and helpful.
The list is not intended to be prescriptive, but simply a guide and aide memoire to help you in preparing your story. However, if you prefer, you can copy the questions and use these as section headings to provide a ready-made framework for your story.
If you can add a photograph, this would enhance your story, but it doesn't have to be a selfie. It can feature anything that you identify with, or something that appeals to you.
If you would like help with writing your story, our site editors will gladly assist with whatever you need, including proofreading and/or editing.
As an alternative to a written account, you could record your story to video.
Stories in text for publication on this site can be emailed to info$helminthictherapywiki.org (change $ to @) or, if you have a blog and prefer to publish your story there, just send us a link to your blog post. If you produce a video, you can give us the link to this after you have uploaded it to a video-sharing platform.
1. Please remember that success with helminthic therapy can, in a few cases, be delayed by at much as two years after the first inoculation. So, if you are reporting a failure of the treatment, you should wait until two years after you first inoculated.
2. Please avoid mentioning any details about the helminth providers. If you want to comment on a particular supplier, this should be done separately using the online Provider Review form. Comments from submitted review forms will be transferred to the Helminth provider reviews page in the wiki.
Suggested story template
- What is your name? (Please omit this question if you prefer to protect your privacy.)
- Where do you live? (Please omit this question if you prefer to protect your privacy.)
- How old are you?
- What was your diagnosis/diagnoses?
- How long had you been ill when you began HT?
- What was your darkest moment when you were ill?
- What other treatments did you try before HT?
- When/how long ago did you commence HT?
- Did you tell your doctor about your decision to use HT, and what was her/his response?
- What did your family say about your decision to use HT?
- Which species of helminth have you used?
- How many doses have you had so far, what size were they, and roughly what dates did you inoculate? (Please give separate details for each species, but omit this question if you can't easily recall these details.)
- What side effects, if any, did you experience, and at what point in the treatment?
- How long after your first inoculation did you start to see an improvement in your health?
- What percentage better are you today?
- What are the top 3 things you most enjoy about your life with worms?
- Do you have any funny stories from your HT journey?
- What advice do you have for others to help them deal with scepticism from doctors, friends and family?
- What advice do you have for someone who is still trying to make a decision about HT?
Examples of stories by others
The detailed stories that have been written so far are listed here.